Alcona County Human Service Collaborative Council
To increase community perception, awareness, and education of substance abuse and other community concerns and issues; and to facilitate conversation and causes to create positive systemic change.
Goals of the Coalition
Information sharing and networking to increase the message and mission of all human service agencies and to find solutions through collaboration to problems citizens face while living in Alcona County, including substance use and abuse and the growing opioid epidemic.
6 times per year (every other month, 1.5-2 hrs)
Prescription Drug Drop-Off Site
Alcona County Sheriff’s Office lobby (24/7)
214 W. Main St, Harrisville MI 48740
County Prevention Initiatives and Accomplishments
- Annual graduation letter to parents
- Regional conference on chronic pain management presented by doctors from University of Michigan Health Systems
- Red Barrel disposal project
- Naloxone provided to law enforcement
- TIPS training to local establishments selling/serving liquor
- Social Host Awareness declarations by commissioners, Sheriff, and various county boards.
- Annual Community Safety Day