Safe & Healthy Communities Coalition (SHC) is focused on addressing substance use issues in Wexford and Missaukee Counties.
4th Tuesday of each month
Wexford Missaukee ISD
General Education Building
9905 E. 13th St., Cadillac, MI 49601
Angie Gullekson, MPH, CPS, TTS
Connect With Us
Prescription Drug Drop-Off Sites
McBain Family Pharmacy
119 N. Roland St., McBain, MI 49657
Missaukee County Sheriff’s Office
110 S. Pine St., Lake City, MI 49651
Substance Use Prevention
County Prevention Initiatives and Accomplishments
- Safe & Healthy Communities Coalition (SHC) is currently implementing a 6-month community awareness campaign aimed at reducing prescription drug abuse in Wexford and Missaukee Counties. All campaign messages are centered around Monitor-Secure -Dispose.
- Radio public service announcement
- Poster and brochure
- Social media campaign
- Deterra Drug Deactivation System Project
- Safe & Healthy Communities Coalition has successfully partnered with Meals on Wheels, Munson Home Health, and Wexford County Council on Aging to supply 550 individuals, who either lack transportation or are homebound, with a means to safely dispose of medications at home.
- Student Video – SHC partnered with the Career Tech Center Media Students to have a video created, by students, promoting Monitor-Secure-Dispose.