Oscoda County Coalition of H.O.P.E (Help to Overcome, Persevere and Educate)
To educate the community as well as our youth about the reality of addiction, to reduce stigma and offer the HOPE of recovery.
To provide resources, inspiration, and hope; with no labels, criticism, or judgment, to people suffering from addiction and those seeking or in recovery.
Goals of the Coalition
Using acceptance, understanding, community events, social networking, support groups and recovery coaches to accomplish our mission.
Join Us Monthly
Linked to the Following Facebook Pages
Prescription Drug Drop-Off Site
Oscoda County Sheriff’s Office (24/7)
301 Morenci, Mio, MI 48647
County Prevention Initiatives and Accomplishments
- Bad Can Be Broken: A Message of Hope community forum
- Annual Serenity Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Why Don’t They Just Quit community forum
- Red Barrel Project
- Naloxone provided to law enforcement
- Naloxone high school project for Mio and Fairview Schools
- Social Host Awareness proclamation by county boards
- TiPS training for alcohol retailers and servers
- Developed a community watch group
- Meth awareness campaign for retailers and doctors
The Coalition is a sub group of the Oscoda County Human Services Coordinating Council.