Otsego Drug Free Task Force
We are dedicated to increasing community perception, awareness and education of substance abuse and misuse. Our purpose is to:
- Advance substance abuse prevention efforts in Otsego County;
- Advocate for community support policies that will reduce abuse of and dependence on alcohol, tobacco, prescription drugs, marijuana and other drugs;
- Help the community understand that substance abuse and dependency are serious public health issues;
- Create a framework for the planning and delivery of substance abuse prevention efforts across the continuum of care.
Goals of the Coalition
- To advance substance abuse prevention efforts in Otsego County;
- To advocate that the community supports policies that will reduce abuse of and dependence on alcohol, tobacco, prescription and other drugs;
- To help the community understand that substance abuse and dependency are serious public health problems;
- To create a framework for the planning and delivery of substance abuse prevention efforts across the continuum of care; with universal, selective and indicated audiences.
Join Us Monthly
The Otsego Drug Free Task Force meets on the third Wednesday of each month, 8-9:90 am in the Gaylord School Board meeting room.
The meetings are open to anyone who is interested in learning more about substance abuse prevention efforts in Otsego County.
Please contact Lynda Rutkowski for more information or to be added to our email list at 989-732-6761 ext. 2404 or [email protected].
Prescription Drug Drop Off Sites
Otsego County Sheriff Dept
124 South Court, Gaylord, MI
Michigan State Police
563 S. Otsego, Gaylord, MI
RISE – Otsego Substance Free Youth
To create a substance-free community for youth through empowerment.
Empowering Otsego youth to live substance-free lives through education and advocacy.
County Prevention Initiatives and Accomplishments
- Yearly educational trainings at local schools on drug trends and RX drug abuse prevention
- Regional conferences on new drug trends
- Presented for the Michigan Association of Juvenile Probation Workers Conference
- Ben Cort Conference – Lessons Learned from Colorado
- Educational training on new marijuana laws to local officials